Suggest treatment for left sided neck pain and tightness

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Lump
Question: I have neck pain on the left side . W a small lump that hurts when I touch it. tightness around my whole neck. I have been told I have multi nodular goiters. Anything I can do for the pain on the left side.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
As explained below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
To recapitulate: Female/51 - Neck pain on the left side - small lump that's tender -tightens around whole neck - told to have MNG - wants to know what can be done for pain ...
With the history your have provided, this looks to be neck muscle spasm and also have a small lump which most probable may be a lymph node.

You can certainly take the following medications for relief:
Warm fomentation in day time, Rubefacient Liniment with gives warmth and relaxes muscles.
Anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen if it suits you.
Keep away from stress and anxiety as these directly affect the muscles spasms.

If there is no improvement within a few days, please consult your Doctor for clinical evaluation, examination and investigations like FNAC of the lump and ultrasound of the neck for further diagnosis and prescription based additional medicines as would be advised by your Treating Doctor/s.

I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 3 minutes later
how much ibuprofen and how often
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As detailed.

Detailed Answer:
You may please take 400 to 600 mg three- four times a day.
Take Omeprazole to avoid the gastritis related side effects of Ibuprofen.