Suggest treatment for left-sided kidney pain when diagnosed with bronchitis and kidney infection

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I have been treated for bronchitis and kidney infection with an antibiotic. i completed the medicine and still have pain in my left kidney along with a serious bout of asthma. My family doctor is difficult to get in - his appointment book tends to be full. I left a message for him to call me. my insurance will not pay a hospital if i go to the ER.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Better to get done ultrasound examination of abdomen.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, you should definitely consult doctor and get done ultrasound examination of abdomen, urine microscopic examination and complete blood count (CBC) to rule out urine infection.
Infection in the body (anywhere) can worsen asthma.
So infection must be controlled first to relieve all symptoms.
So get all above mentioned reports.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health. Thanks.