• question-icon

Suggest treatment for left leg and foot pain

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: I have had left leg and foot pain. I have a history of sciatic nerve problems and degenerative disc in the lumbar area. I have had an increase in calf and foot pain and cramps. I have been taking ibuprofen and alive for years to manage my pain. My pain is waking me up and interfering with my sleep. Do you think I need to go to the doctor or is it just a progression of my problems. I am 54 and have had problems since I was 21.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Further tests required

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
Well,it can be progression if neuropathic pain but also may indicate some other conditions such as circulation issues or deep vein thrombosis. It would be good to do Doppler ultrasound or angiography to verify you blood vessel diameter. circulation disorders may lead to pain in rest especially if this is associated with tingling,coldness and weakened sensation in legs. I don't think this is urgent but these tests should be done sooner or later. Feel free to ask questions.
Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon