Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for left epididymis cyst and hydrocele?

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 11807 Questions
I have a small cyst 8 mms in left epididymis. Tunica vaginalis hydrocele is seen on left side. Reactive hydrocele on right side. No evidence varicocele ( on valsalva maneouvre) seen on either side. Scrotall wall shows normal thickness.What should be done? Is operation to be done? Whom should I approach? At present i take the following drugs for cholestrol & hypo thyroid . Eltoxin 100 (for thyroid;) Razel;( cholestrol) Zyloric( uric acid) cap homocheck( vit amin). 5 months back I had herpes Zoster. Now cured. 1. For hydrocele what? 2. For cholestrol, uric acid and hypothyroid what?
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Surgeon/ Urologist, Repeat Thyroid functions Detailed Answer: Hi. Gone through your reports. The 8 mm cyst may be left alone if not causing any symptoms. You have hydrocele on both the sides. Are the hydroceles clinically noticeable as swelling in the scrotum or are diagnosed on ultrasonography? If small and are secondary, they can be left alone, to be observed and operated if not resolving. You have hypothyroidism and be a cause of hydrocele or delayed the absorption of fluid from the sac. You have to check thyroid function tests regularly and adjust the doses as per your Doctor's advise. Ideally Doctor should see the clinical picture improvement too. ( most of them decide only on the reports). We have seen results with proper dose adjustments of Eltroxin. Was there an attack of epididymo-orchitis or trauma to the scrotum in past? You can take a consultation of a XXXXXXX Surgeon or Urologist in Mumbai. Please continue your treatment under care of a Physician for your medical conditions. You are lucky that Herpes is cured. This do cause a body resistance to go down really bad.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for left epididymis cyst and hydrocele? 15 minutes later
Yes the left side of scrotum is larger than the right side.The details are as per ulta sonography.I have been taking Eletroxin 100 mg since 2005 without any change in dose. My doctor has never suggested any change in dose. In between I had takn a low dose in 2008 but started feeling giddy. This was as per advise of a Dr in Dr Batra's homepathy. I also take homepathy for cholestrol control.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: FT3, FT4 and TSH from a reputed laboratory Detailed Answer: Hi. Great to have immediate response. Please go for immediate tests of thyroid function tests. GO for FT3, FT4 and TSH from a reputed laboratory like Thyrocare or so. Please remember to stop Eltroxin at least for 3 days before you give the morning blood sample on empty stomach to give proper/ real values. Small things matter the most in proper management. I really have not seen great results with Homeopathy for thyroid. The results can be varied. I really can not comment on this subject, but my observations for thyroid are really not good , plus they can have side effects. We at home do take Homeopathy for certain reasons and have a personal experience- very good and bad too). So stop Homeopathy for Thyroid and adhere to the correct doses of Eltroxin( You may have start on Tablet Thyrox as it is easy to modulate the doses even by 12.5 - not possible with Eltroxin brand). I assure you that a proper thyroid treatment will solve even the cholesterol problem to a certain extent.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor