Suggest treatment for lattices in eyes

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: hi
I am male, 30 years old. I was told by doctor that I have lattices in my eyes and I should seek laser treatment.
Today I went to him for the laser treatment but I feel doctor treated my eyes but on the day of diagnosis he drew a diagram of my eyes. in the left one he drew one lattice and in the right one he drew 3 lattice. But today he treated other way ( two places in left and one place in right eye) he told one place is left in left eye which he will treat on saturday.

I want to show you the diagram he drew for your reference.

kindly help

i want help from a retina specialist. please answer soon, I am waiting for a reply.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
lattice

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
There appears to be no reason for you to worry.There is apparently more laser shots given in the left eye and there are at times many reasons why laser is not done fully ,depending upon the accessibility of degenerative spot and the response of retina to laser energy release.
This again is the reason that all the laser is not finished in one sitting.
Do not worry,The doctor who is doing photocoagulation knows his job and you have a small area of degeneration.
Go for the next sitting and since this is only prophylactic you will not feel any difference but further damage is prevented.
Any further query in this regard please do get back to me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 10 minutes later
Sir,
Thanks for the reply. The doctor I went is good, but I was want to confirm if he has by mistake treated my eyes considering more degeneration in my left eye as compared to my right eye. Actually in the diagram : Diagram_when_diagnosed.jpg, I see more spots of degeneration in my right eye as compared to left eye but then while treating why more laser applied in my left eye.

Kindly help.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
lattice

Detailed Answer:
My Dear,
Thanks for getting back to us.
The chances of over/under/mistreating in your case are minimal as this is done under direct vision.What you may see as dis propertionate laser may actually be guided by the effect of laser in that perticular area.Sometimes the retina may be thicker in that area and may need higher amount of laser exposure.
Continue with the treatment and follow up.Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist