Suggest treatment for laryngo tracheo bronchitis
Inspiratory stridor (high pitched sound produced during breathing in)
The laryngotracheobronchitis is an inflammation of upper airway due to viral infection.Due to the inflammation there is narrowing of the airway and this causes obstruction to the inflow of air.Due to the turbulence produced by obstruction of airway there is high pitch musical or grating sound mainly during breathing in(it is like blowing of high flow wind through a narrow tube of irregular inner surface).Here I am providing you a link where you can learn more about the inspiratory stridor (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Enq2BvX9aw).
Along with the sound usually there is associated breathing difficulty also which is manifested as increased respiratory rate and indrawing of chest wall.
The main aim of management is to decrease the inflammation by nebulisation. Steroid also works by decreasing the inflammation.
Long term use of steroid has various side effects but if given for short duration like 3-5 days the side effects are very minimal.
So I would like to continue the crocin,cetzine,nasal spray,ventorlin along with omnacortil(short course) if a diagnosis of laryngotracheobronchitis is made irrespective of the presence or absence of noisy breathing.
I shall be glad to answer if you have any more queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for bronchitis and sinus infections
- Suggest treatment for allergic bronchitis with post nasal drip
- Sinus bradycardia treatment and bronchitis
- Suggest treatment for asthmatic bronchitis
- Suggest treatment for bronchitis and seasonal asthma
- Suggest treatment for bronchitis with copd
- Suggest treatment for acute attack of bronchitis
- Chronic bronchitis treatment
- What treatment is suggested for symptoms of bronchitis
- Treatment for bronchitis