Suggest treatment for labial tear

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Tue, 15 Sep 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I have a labia tear and it is extremely painful when I urinate. I try to keep it clean and dry----what will help tp heal it?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
labial tear

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to hcm,
Labial tear can be attended to with a local antibiotic ointment thrice a day and not a steroid as you are using , because it will never heal as its a tear and not a dermatitis. So avoid using steroid completely. Apply soframycin ointment if available otc or get it prescribed by your physician . Rest continue to keep it dry and dab dry it after each urination. Also to avoid burning try separating labia before urination, as this shall help preventing warm urine to touch it and cause burning sensation.