Suggest treatment for knot at injection site after Tdap vaccine

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Lump
Question: Recently had TDAP, knot has formed at injection site.
Pain in armpit of arm where TDAP was done. There is some swelling and lymph nodes feel like "pebbles". Went to urgent care and they "suspect" a reaction to vaccine. They did no testing Pain and swelling now getting worse and now getting pain on back of arm by elbow.
Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer...yes it seems to be a reaction to vacfine
Detailed answer...
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Your symptoms seem to be due to reaction to vaccine and pain is due to inflammation of local lymph nodes.There is nothing to worry as it should subside gradually.
You may take ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day for 3-5 days along with local icing and you should be all  right in next few days.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta