• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for knee pain

Posted on Mon, 29 Dec 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: How to relief knee pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you should do following-

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.

It looks from your details that you are suffering from pain arthritis knee.This can be confirmed by some features which are present in radio-graph or x ray of knee.

To have relief in osteoarthritis knee,you should do following-

-Start doing exercises for quadriceps muscles.You may learn this from your physiotherapist.

-Start doing warm fomentation with rubber bag over knee for at least 3 times a day.

-Take a good analgesic like advil or aleeve.

-There are some dietary substances like glucosamine ,chondroitin sulfate,MSM which can be taken OTC.These substances help in repairing of damaged cartilage of knee in early stages.

-Avoid squatting movements at knee.

-In early stages exercises, medicines ,joint supplements & intra articular injections are helpful & may revert the changes but in late cases joint replacement is only option.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Take care

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 5930 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Joint replacement

doctor1 MD

would deca be any good in dealing with severe chronic synovitis am currently on alot of pain killers which mask the problem which does not fix the...

doctor1 MD

I've had a TMJ problem for about 4 and a half years now, nothing ever really hurt, my jaw would just get stuck and pop. I went and seeked for help...

doctor1 MD

I have severe arthritis in my ankles and mild arthritis in my knees. I m thinking about pursuing PRP therapy for my ankles as an alternative to...

doctor1 MD

question for bone specialist I will require a shoulder joint replacement due to bone on bone arthritis . There may be some rotator cuff damage and...

doctor1 MD

I Sarita Jain, 50 years old suffering from urinary tract infection after going through Right Total Hip Joint replacement (Details giving below)...

doctor1 MD

I am Dr.Ramesh Babu, Ph.D in law. Practicing High Court Advocate.
I was treated for Kochs right hip in 1978 when I was 20 years old. Problems at...

doctor1 MD

dr,i am 56 years old.i have joint knee problem,my doctor told me to go for joint replacement untill i am 65 but now my dr. told me i also have back...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

184 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Saurabh Gupta
  • Q - Is SAAZ an effective medicine for Sacroilitis? Any alternate medicine?

  • Q - Suffering from external hemroids. Having irregular bowel movement and...

  • Q - What is knee resurfacing surgery? Can a person lead a normal life?

  • Q - Having soreness in arm. MRI of shoulder and knee done. What does the...

  • Q - Suffering with back pain. What should I do to get cure?

  • Q - Suffering from back pain. How to get relief?

  • Q - Having continuous pain in hand. How to get relief from pain?

  • Q - Have had fracture in ribs. Had a small pneumothorax. Why am I feeling...

  • Q - Found a lump on the leg. X-ray and ultrasound is to be done. What could...

  • Q - Is it safe to take vyvanse 100mg prior to surgery?