question-icon

Suggest Treatment For Knee Pain Despite Taking Shots In The Knee

Posted on Fri, 10 Nov 2017
Question: Age..66..male..shots in the knee..6x..no success..everyday pain..arthritis..no knee replacement...what can I do for pain 24hrs
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Can Take PRP Shots.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have gone through your problem.
It is not clear as to what shots you have taken- steroids or visco supplementation or PRP.
Since you do not want to undergo knee replacement and I do not recommend any long term painkillers , I suggest
1. Regular knee exercises to strengthen your thigh muscles.
2. Cartilage improving drugs like collagen peptides.
3. Shots of PRP / Stem cells in the knee joint.
If these things do not help, then there is only one option- knee replacement.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon