Suggest treatment for knee arthritis
Joint injections, precautions, Knee replacement
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
Thanks for the query.
You seem to be having arthritis of both the knees. Baker's cyst us a complication seem commonly with Osteoarthritis of the knees. Since you could be having Osteoarthritis of both knees, you have the severe pain on flexing the knees.
Avoid climbing stairs, squatting, cross leg sitting, kneeling. Wear a knee cap. Apply hot water bag to the painful joints. Take pain killers for a week. Better to take Tablet Paracetamol or Acetaminophen 1000mg twice a day. It is safer in the stomach and kidneys than NSAIDS like Tablet Ibuprofen. Do knee extension exercises.
Get an Xray of both the knees in standing position.
You cab get Hyaluronic acid injection or Steroid injection into the knee joint for relief. They offer relief for about 3 to 6 months.
Baker's cyst can be removed surgically after confirming on ultrasound, if it is causing you trouble.
Ultimate management is knee replacement which is the radical treatment for severe Osteoarthritis of knees.
I hope I have answered your query.
I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Dr. Aashish Raghu
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Steroid injections for knee arthritis
- Grade 4 knee arthritis treatment
- Knee arthritis treatment injections
- Knee arthritis bump
- Knee arthritis cure
- Cortisone shot for knee arthritis
- Prp injections for knee arthritis
- Gel injections for knee arthritis
- Treatment and cure for Knee arthritis
- Oral steroids for knee arthritis
- Suggest treatment for loss of movement in left arm post injury
- What causes stabbing pain behind left breast while breathing?
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- What causes painful legs while walking in a person with peripheral...
- Is weight training advisable 2 weeks after a shot for trigger finger?
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in legs after exercising
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the heels
- Suggest treatment for tibia pain, weakness and memory loss
- What causes severe discoloration and swelling in left leg?
- Suggest treatment for left-sided back and hip pain