Suggest treatment for kidney stones
heard your body heals low levels of radiation. Is that true? How long does that take?
Also, I was specifically worried about leukemia. I use to smoke and only stopped 2 years ago. Doing that plus having this radiation, should I be worried even though the body heals low radiation levels and i quit smoking?
Hello. There is no alarming risk
Hello dear. Please do not worry. The radiation used in diagnostic ct has low intensity and poses risk fir cancer only if there are multiple scans per year for many years. Otherwise one or two scans risk is negligible. It heals on its own. Since you stopped smoking,there should be no increased risk.You must not restart smoking.
Thanks and regards
so you're saying I have no increased risk of cancer or leukemia from the smoking because I stopped at a young age and from the ct scans because it's low dose and the body heals it?
Hello.adopt a healthy life style
Hello dear. So u should
Avoid junk foods
Eat more of fresh fruits and veggies
Avoid red meat
Avoid smoking and moderate the amount of alcohol
Vaccinate yourself against hepatits b
Yes, you donot have increased risk of leukemia due to radiation or smoking.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for kidney stone
- Embedded kidney stones treatment
- Natural treatment kidney stones
- Kidney stone self treatment
- Kidney stones causes and treatment
- Suggest treatment for kidney stones
- What is the treatment for kidney stones
- Treatment and cure for Kidney stones
- Laser treatment kidney stones
- Kidney stone treatment in nutrilite
- What causes inflammation in the lungs while treating pneumonia?
- Can nodules in the lungs be cancerous?
- What are the long term side effects of Cytoxan and Taxotere?
- What does this biopsy report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for cough, headache and nausea
- Suggest treatment for a large tumor in the abdomen
- What is the prognosis for metastatic ampullary carcinoma?
- Suggest treatment for iron deficiency anemia
- What does my lab test report indicate?
- Is missing a dosage of medicine during anti tubular lymphadenitis...