Suggest treatment for kidney stones
You have recurrence of stones due to PUJ obstruction .
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have recurrence of urinary stones due to what is called as Pelvi Ureteric Junction (PUJ) obstruction.
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Was any time in past a radiological test called IVP done to assess the degree of PUJ obstruction and function of the kidney on that side ?
2) Was a test called DTPA scan done to assess the kidney function .
At the outset I would explain you what is PUJ obstruction.
During Intra Uterine Life the drainage system of the kidney consists of two separate portions
1) Pelvis of the kidney
2) Ureter .
Both these portion join together to form a single unit called Ureter that transmits urine from kidney down into Bladder .However in few cases there is diffect in union of these two portions resulting into partial or complete obstruction causing obstruction to flow of urine from kidney into bladder which leads to stagnation of urine in kidney and there by to formation of stones in the kidney That is what is happening in your case .
There are two treatment options for this condition that totally depends upon the status of kidney function .The primary aim of the treatment is to preserve the kidney
If the kidney function on affected side as determined by above mentioned tests is more than 25 % one can undergo surgery of Pyeloplasty where the affected segment is excised and the ureter continuity is restored .
However if the kidney is non functioning it is better to remove the kidney .
The nature of the surgery is same in both the cases and has no major risk involved ..
Now a days these surgeries are done by Laproscopic Technique which is non invasive and less traumatizing surgery.
Consult our Urologist and get these tests done before taking any decision regarding the surgery .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks and Regards.
Need reports to make precise comments
Thanks for follow up
I can not make any siggesions unless I go through your reports .If you have not done these tests get them done now to help us In taking decision regarding surgery.
Thanks and Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for kidney stone
- Embedded kidney stones treatment
- Natural treatment kidney stones
- Kidney stone self treatment
- Kidney stones causes and treatment
- Suggest treatment for kidney stones
- What is the treatment for kidney stones
- Treatment and cure for Kidney stones
- Laser treatment kidney stones
- Kidney stone treatment in nutrilite
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?