Suggest treatment for kidney stones
I am having kidney stone problem since 2008. I was able to pass the stone two times, through urine. I have gone through shockwave therapy in 2010 to broke and pass a 9 mm stone. In 2014 I did Ureteroscopic surgery on my right kidney, where a stent was also placed.
I did sonography again today and as of now, I have 2 kidney stone in right kidney of size 9mm and 5 mm, and 3 kidney stone in left kidney of size 11 mm,6mm and 5 mm. I understand that to prevent it I have to change my lifestyle and diet. I am already following a low oxalate food with plenty of water intake.
It would be very helpful if I can get answers of these questions :
1) What are my options considering stone in both kidneys.
2) Should I go through some surgery right away, or I can wait till the point I am not getting pain.
3) Is there any side effect of doing these surgeries regularly.
Get a CT-IVU and decide further treatment.
Hello XXXXXXX and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist, i can fully understand your concern.
First of all, you should know that, you're now a stone former since 2008.
You should be drinking 12-15 glasses liquids daily.
You should get your 24 hours urine calcium,phosphorus, and uric acid.
Blood calcium,phosphorus and uric acid, creatinine and sugar.
Also, urine routine and culture should also be done.
Now that this a recurrence of stone repeatedly, you should have a detailed analysis of the kidney stones and it's impact on the kidneys, by doing a contrast CT-IVU.
Stones above 6mm size, need to cleared. So the 9mm stone on right side and a 11mm stone in the left kidney.
1.Best option is to do a flexible Ureteroscopy with laser lithotripsy, and clear both sides stones, in a single operation.
If you don't have access to an experienced Urologist, it can be done in 2 sessions.
2.Decision on urgency of treatment, should be based on the Ct-IVU, not on the ultrasound scan.
3.There're no side effects on repeated treatments, for stones.
So don't worry and ensure you get the best treatment with proper testing.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for kidney stone
- Embedded kidney stones treatment
- Natural treatment kidney stones
- Kidney stone self treatment
- Kidney stones causes and treatment
- Suggest treatment for kidney stones
- What is the treatment for kidney stones
- Treatment and cure for Kidney stones
- Laser treatment kidney stones
- Kidney stone treatment in nutrilite
- What does discoloration on the penis head indicate?
- Is sexual intercourse after a varicocele operation risky?
- What does numbness in pelvic area after using weed indicate?
- What causes bowel and urinary discomfort post radiation for prostate...
- Is Moxicip advisable when on treatment for TB ?
- Suggest treatment for UTI and blood in urine
- Suggest treatment for intermittent pain in right testicle
- What do recurrent UTI and incontinence after TOT cystoscopy indicate?
- What do these below lab reports indicate?
- Suggest treatment for blood in urine, headaches and chills