Suggest treatment for kidney stone

Dr. Priyanka G Raj

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Recently I have suffered with a pain.
On diagnosis it was seen that the pain was related to stone in kidney.
one of the stone in lower and had come out of kidney. Pain killer injection was giver to kill the pain. Please help me to resolve stone in kidney. Ultrasound was also performed, In the report there are two stones of 4mm in both the kidney and one of 7mm which is out of kidney in lover portion. please provide remedy
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
conservative treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for posting your query

Treatment for kidney stones varies, depending on the type of stone and the cause.

Kidney stones can cause problems like . urine infection, blockage of urine passage,for that you can take drug Nitrofurantoin is an antibiotic , it prevents urinary tract infection.

Drinking a lot of water does help in passage of small stones due to its flushing action and you should follow your doctors advise regarding this .Drinking as much as 2 to 3 quarts (1.9 to 2.8 liters) a day may help flush out your urinary system.

As the size of your kidney stone is less than 7mm, so no need of Lithotripsy /surgical therapy. you can go for conservative treatment

There can be many causes but taking high calcium diet or supplements of calcium and vitamin D commonly lead to it . People who drink less water are also prone to it .
Choose a diet low in salt and animal protein.

Dietary advise will depend upon the type of kidney stones you have . In calcium stones calcium foods need to be avoided .

In Uric acid stones oxalate foods are avoided .

Its better that you talk to your treating doctor for this.Your doctor may also prescribe medicine to help your body pass the stone, such as alpha-blockers.

If you have any doubts,you are welcome.

Dr Priyanka G Raj

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar