Suggest treatment for kidney stone

Dr. Ralph Chambers

Posted on Thu, 28 Jul 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: The last 4 days I have had severe sharp pain starting on my left side mid ribs and lower left abdomen now radiating to the Lord abdomen to the right side.so bad I am hunched over. It is worse after trying to urinate which is cloudy and has now woken me from sleep. I am not going to start my period for another two weeks.i am a 34 y/o female.is this an emergency..it feels like one
Answered by Dr. Ralph Chambers 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello

Detailed Answer:
This sounds like either a kidney stone or a kidney infection.

To work it up would require an exam, a urinalysis, and a ct scan of the abdomen and pelvis.

Stones usually pass in a few days

An infection would need a course of antibiotics

You need to see a doctor about this for a workup and treatment
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T