Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

129 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for kidney stone

Answered by
Dr. Deepika Patil

General Surgeon

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 745 Questions

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Stone near kidney
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need some more details

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

Before I can comment on anything I would like to know few details from you like
-size of the stone?
-exact location I.e in kidney itself or ureter?
-associated enlargement of kidney is there?
-is this you are diagnosed kidney stones for the first time or any previous history I there?

Waiting for your answer. If possible please send the snap of the reports you have got done till now so that I can understand your condition better and quide you .

Dr.Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Deepika Patil 46 minutes later
Dr saying there is a stone and he is asking to go for endoscopy
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
stone is there

Detailed Answer:

The x-ray picture which you have sent is not that clear. But still I could see a stone in right kidney.

The stone is at the center. This Is unlikely to go out itself in urine. The treatment option for this is mostly PCNL (probably your doctor naming this only as endoscopy) or shock wave lithotripsy.

If such a patient comes to me I usually suggest for PCNL as it is more effective for stone which is at center of kidney.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

Recent questions on  Quide

doctor1 MD

my 5yo is waking up sporadically with complaint of her legs/feet hurting. when asking what they feel like she says like its pinching her. i rub em.i gave her tylenol tonight because she was waking up in pain and claiming they hurt so bad she...

doctor1 MD

My sister' s baby girl who is now 11 months old.we are suspecting she might be having issue in hearing and speaking. Till this time she can't speak 'amma' ( mother) and not turning her attention when any sound made.kindly quide us in this issue....

doctor1 MD

My daughter aged 03 moths admitted in hospital since last one and half month, after almost 20 days treatment the motions where reduced but the red spot appear on the different part of the skin and after some time the skin is injured where the spots were appear. dr. says that the body is not producing zinc, due to this the skin is damaging. after some different treatment the wounds of skin is correct and new skin is appearing but the remaing healthy skin is now become radish and then damaged. her latest medical test is as under. Please quide us what should we do? Test Name: Stool routine Examination. dated: may 26, 2011 color : yellow consistency: soft Mucus: + Blood: negative Odour: negative TEST NAME: BLOOD CP DATED: MAY 28, 2011 TLC : 13.6 Red Cell count: 3.44 Haemoglobin: 9.8 PCV/HCT: 28.2 MCV : 81.9 MCH: 28.6 MCHC: 35.0 Platelet Count: 54 Differential Leucocyte Count (DLC) Neutrophils: 55.1 Lymphocytes: 36.8 Mixed : 8.1