Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for kidney stone

General Surgeon
Question
Stone near kidney
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need some more details

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

Before I can comment on anything I would like to know few details from you like
-size of the stone?
-exact location I.e in kidney itself or ureter?
-associated enlargement of kidney is there?
-is this you are diagnosed kidney stones for the first time or any previous history I there?

Waiting for your answer. If possible please send the snap of the reports you have got done till now so that I can understand your condition better and quide you .

Dr.Deepika Patil

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for kidney stone 46 minutes later
Dr saying there is a stone and he is asking to go for endoscopy

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
stone is there

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

The x-ray picture which you have sent is not that clear. But still I could see a stone in right kidney.

The stone is at the center. This Is unlikely to go out itself in urine. The treatment option for this is mostly PCNL (probably your doctor naming this only as endoscopy) or shock wave lithotripsy.

If such a patient comes to me I usually suggest for PCNL as it is more effective for stone which is at center of kidney.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil