Suggest treatment for kidney stone removal

Dr. Naveen Poola

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 16 Jun 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: hi, i had multiple renal calculi having XXXXXXX size 35 mm in right kidney in lower pole. i got it operated. after operation still calculi was present having XXXXXXX size 5 mm. it was explained that it will come out of its own as it is samller in size. this operation has been done one and half year back. after that i have taken a lot of medicine either allopathic r homeopathic. this calculi has not even moved. i am taking lot of water also. nothing is happening. can any specialist help me out.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 48 hours later
Brief Answer:
some will be impacted in some specific location

Detailed Answer:

Thank You for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Usually stones less than 7 mm should fall on their own with supportive measures like drinking more water and all. However, some will be impacted in some specific location which cannot go on their own but require procedures like ESWL. You may require this. Please discuss about this option with your treating doctor. It's an outpatient procedure

Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future. Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D