Suggest treatment for kidney stone and pain in the penis

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Wed, 20 Jul 2016 in Kidney Conditions
Question: Kidney stones ,and it was resolved by endoscopy and DJ stent also removed ,still getting pain in penis while going to urine
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kidney stones

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

I understand your concern. I can certainly help you with this

Pain in the penis is probably because of the slight injury during instrumentation and removal of the stent, it is unlikely to be due to recurrence of the stone. This pain is normal and can persist for about 2 weeks following the procedure. I suggest you to take Tab Flavoxate for the relief from the pain. If the pain continues then please meet your urologist to rule out urinary tract infection.

In the meantime, I advise the following
1. Drink plenty of water, up to 3 litres per day
2. Avoid pressing or applying pressure over the penis to relieve yourself from the pain
3. It is best if sexual intercourse is avoided until pain comes down

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj