Suggest treatment for keratoconus after extensive use of hard lens

Ophthalmologist
Question
I am diagnosed with Keratoconus Eyes, I was using Hard lens for almost 7-8 years, but recently I came to know that because of the continuous use of hard lens, a scar has been developed in my eyes so I have stopped using them, now I am completely on Spectacles which don't give me vision clarity and are very uncomfortable. please suggest.
Fri, 25 May 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Go for corneal transplant.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query.
Considering your situation there are two options-
1)Corneal collagen crosslinking with riboflavin-Colagen is cross linked with ultravoilet rays and riboflavin.This increases the strenght of cornea by 300% almost which arrest progression of keratoconus.

2)corneal transplantation-Central portion of cornea is removed and replaced by donor cornea.It has high succes rate and is more better then first procedure.

Thanks!