Suggest treatment for keloid scar on hand

Posted on Sat, 6 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i have a big cutting srach on my hand.. i get to cute my self and it look bad on me... do you know anything that i can use to remove that bad looking on it?
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Keloid scar. The options of treatments recommended below.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using HCM,

I read carefully your query, and saw the pictures you provided.
It looks like it is a keloid, which is a excessive scar formation with scar growth usually above skin level.
The treatments that are recommended to help with it are
a) Silicone sheeting, patches of silicone that you may apply daily.
b) Sometimes, if the first one is not effective, you can try monthly corticosteroid intralesional injections, which can be applied alone or in combination with the silicone sheeting.
c) For lesions who have reacted to the first too option there is also laser therapy or at the last you may try surgical excision.

You may need to talk with a local dermatologist and start the treatments one by one. Meanwhile massaging the scar, may help it.

Let me know if you have any other question. I would be happy to answer.

Take care,
Dr. Papaqako
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Klarida Papaqako