Suggest treatment for joint pain
XXXXXXX Or. My GP said to use Tylenol for the pain, but that is not working. I am a 75 yr old female. Have and Aoetic Value(plastic) and have a-fib. I am such a loss as to what to do for myself and finding a doctor who can see me right away. My name is XXXX XXXXXXX XXXX and I live in XXXX
My e-mail address is YYYY@YYYY
Multiple joint pains
Thank you for writing on health care magic
I have gone through your history. I would like to ask you a few more details before I can guide you further:
1. When you say joint pains, which all joints are affected??Hands/Wrists/knees/feet/hip/shoulder?
2. When is the pain more, on doing some activity or is it present at rest as well??
3. Is the pain and stiffness increased in the mornings on waking up?
4. Do you feel dryness of eyes/dryness of mouth?
5. Do you wake up fresh in the morning or is it constant fatigue?
6. ANy symptoms of increased irritability /forgetfulness/headaches recently
7. Could you attach the blood reports done?? Would like to see how much is the inflammation going on
Do let me know these queries. Would be able to guide you from here. We need to distinguish between inflammatory one and the non inflammatory one as the management will differ for both
Await your reply
#1 all joints that you listed as an example including neck.
#2. the pain is greater doing activities. Not so great at rest.
#3. Yes, it is greater, however, today after waking and with no tylenol I am feeling better.
#4. No dryness
#5. With fatigue
#7. I don't have access to lab report.
I stopped taking Tylenel 11/11/15. And I am feeling better. Still have pain but seems much less than when taking Tylenel.
Is it OSteoarthritis
Sorry for the delayed reply. Had a long duty going on
Well your symptoms mentioned do not fit in with any inflammatory disease as most of the symptoms are after activity with improvement at rest. I am not sure about the inflammation they are talking about in the blood. Probably they want to confirm for Polymyalgia Rheumatica in your case which can cause increased pain and swelling in the shoulders and hip area with varied joint pains.
Since you dont have any morning stiffness, I would not like to consider this as a possibility.
SEcondly, I would suggest you take Vitamin D supplements as Vitamin D deficiency can cause all these symptoms as well and more than 90 % of the world is deficient in it.
3. It is good you are off tylenol. If you are feeling better without it, you need not continue it either.
But yes, examining the joints will be still superior to see what exactly is going on. It may be just Osteoarthritis affecting your joints.
But all in all, as per your history doesnt sound anything 2 serious or alarming. Do make a trip to rheumatologist and let me know what they feel as well.
Hope the information was useful
Do let me know for more queries
Sorry for the delayed reply. Was occupied with my new born
1. For Vitamin D you need to take 2000 units/day. So a daily capsule is recommended as it would help replenish the stores in the body. It will definitely help your case for fatigue and pains as well
2. I am not sure about the tablets you are using as they are just to help you get past the day, but not attacking the main problem underneath. Once we have a diagnosis, treatment is easy but in your case we are still not sure what we are treating as they didnt let u access the lab reports. I would suggest you seek a consultation with a Rheumatologist and lets get to a diagnosis first
3. You can try with physical therapy. It wont do any harm as long as they monitor and do it for you( at least for initial days)
All in all, we need to look for your diagnosis first
DO let me know for more queries
Would be happy to help out
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for joint pain with constipation and gas
- Treatment and cure for joint pains
- Suggest treatment for joint pain and shoulder pain
- Suggest treatment for joint pain in body
- Elbow joint pain treatment
- Knee joint pain treatment
- Suggest treatment for joint pain
- Suggest treatment for joint pain after a stroke
- Suggest treatment for constant joint pain
- Suggest treatment for joint pain and stiffness