Suggest treatment for jaw pain
I am confused what about the test and what it means?
Jaw pain does not seems related to the result of MRI report.
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..
I have gone through your query and can understand your concern.
As per your complain and presentation of symptoms small vessel disease is a condition in which small blood vessels in brain become thickened , narrowed and there is reduced blood supply in certain parts of brain tissue.
The other thing is that you have in your MRI report is the high T2 signal intensity which are some very small areas of brain tissue that has more water and protein content than the remaining tissue and can also occur due to small vessel disease.
As the report says it is non specific that clearly means that it is not causing you any marked pathological symptoms and these features can be seen with increased age and seems nothing to be worried about..
Pain in jaw seems not exactly related to the MRI findings and can be due to a few other causes like Myofascial Pain Dysfunction Syndrome, Nerve injury or damage supplying the jaw etc.
Nothing to worry, consult an Oral Physician and get evaluated as they are experts in diagnosing disorders related to oral structures and there is a possibility that the dentist you visited might have accidentally missed some sign and symptoms and missed the diagnosis.
If nothing specific can still be ruled out an evaluation with a Neurologist should be done..
As of now you can take anti-inflammatory painkiller like Ibuprofen [if not allergic] for pain relief.
Do warm compresses [ not hot] over the jaw.
If you have any further queries or want to give any additional information you are most welcome.
Wishing you a quick recovery.
Hope this information helps..
Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain with jaw pain
- Jaw pain and earlobe pain
- What is the cause and treatment for jaw pain
- Treatment and cure for Severe jaw pain
- Locked jaw painful to eat treatment
- Treatment and cure for throbbing jaw pain
- Jaw pain facial pain on antibiotics history of sinusitis treatment
- Suggest treatment for jaw pain due to tooth infection
- Tragus pain jaw pain
- Treatment and cure for jaw pain
- Can chronic tooth decay and swollen TMJ cause Alopecia?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the wisdom tooth
- Suggest treatment for gingival recession
- What causes mouth ulcers post teeth denture insertion?
- What causes foul taste and smell in mouth, post-nasal drip and depression?
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph node in neck while teething
- Suggest treatment for delayed eruption of milk teeth in a 10 month old
- What causes burning sensation in mouth along with rashes on arms?
- Suggest treatment for hairy tongue
- Is invisalign better than lingual braces to correct teeth alignment?