Suggest treatment for jaundice

Posted on Wed, 26 Jul 2017 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: Hi my son was diagnosed jaundice 1 month at and after 3 weeks of medication and diet and the clearance of blood and urine report the doctor told that the jaundice is cleared I wanted to ask till how long my son should be on diet and what diet should I follow for him and from when he can start his normal diet and eat non veg
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dietary restrictions are not required once the jaundice is cured.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query and do understand your concern.
There are many causes for jaundice most commonly in children being hepatitis A. Based on your explanation it might be Hepatitis A infection(viral), which is a self limiting infection and most people make complete recovery in a week or two.There is no specific treatment needed for hepatitis A as it usually goes away on its own. Your immune system will normally clear away the infection. Treatment generally involves supportive care and dietary changes.

Dietary restrictions are not required once the jaundice is cured(Jaundice due to hepatitis A).

Hope this helps

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Sir the doctor has given him vaccine A and B
So from when can he start normal food
Brief Answer:
Avoid to much spicy food, more vegetable based diet

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome
Even though I have not examined him based on the information I feel he can have normal diet. Avoid to much spicy food, let him have more vegetables based food for week with moderate intake of meat.
Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Harish Naik