Suggest treatment for jaundice
Indication of mild jaundice. Hepatitis A and B are negative.
Pl suggest medication and Diet for fast recovery and when further checks needs to be done?
Already started Liv52 syrup, Glucon-D solution and Multivitamin syrup.
Needs symptomatic treatment unless some underlying disease
Welcome to the HCM
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. Your daughter seems to be suffering from an episode of jaundice. The treatment you are giving is fine but to suggest a more definitive treatment, I would need some more information:
1. What are her symptoms and for how many days?
2. Any significant past history of illness or medications.
3. Is she tested for typhoid and malaria. Many a times they may be associated with such changes in liver functions. If not, kindly test and upload the reports.
I would recommend you to continue regular light, non spicy food and lots of fluids along with the treatment you are following.
I would be happy to help you out I once you give me the above mentioned information.
No need to worry
If your child is asymptomatic and her appetite and wellbeing has improved, then there is no need to worry. The disproportionate increase in lymphocytes and decrease in neutrophils is due to viral hepatitis that she probably had.
Since the bilirubin and SGPT SGOT are decreasing, it seems to be in improving trend.
If asymptomatic, then just continue with regular feeds and oral glucose rich fluids. If she is fine, then you may stop the medications.
In case she is still symptomatic, then test her for hepatitis C, indirect bilirubin and ultrasound abdomen as well and continue with liv 52 and actibile.
Hopefully this will help you. I would be happy to help you out in any further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for yellow jaundice
- Neonatal jaundice treatment graph
- Newborn baby jaundice treatment
- Treatment and cure for neonatal jaundice
- White jaundice symptoms and treatment
- Treatment and cure for hemolytic jaundice
- Treatment of jaundice
- Suggest treatment and diet for jaundice
- Jaundice pruritus treatment
- Treatment and cure for Obstructive jaundice
- Under what conditions should breastfeeding be restricted to infant?
- What causes absence seizures after adenoid and tonsil removal?
- Suggest treatment for sleep movement disorder
- Is HSV infection as dangerous as HIV infection?
- Suggest treatment for persistent fever and frequent urination
- Can Lanzol be given along with milk to a 3 year old?
- What causes fever after vaccination in child?
- What causes swellings on back of head in a toddler?
- Is it safe to give Spark energy drink to children?
- Is burning sensation in throat after eating hot food a cause for concern?