Suggest treatment for jaundice
Bilirubin levels seem to be increasing without any underlying problem identified. Enzyme AST is out of control and not properly functioning causing liver injury.
I'm a male, 55 years of age with healthy liver history. Have been on Metoprolol for 6 years due to high blood pressure and within the past 2 years added Flecainide to my routine drug intake for arrhythmia. I don't drink alcohol, have not taken any medications outside of metropolol and Flecainide, no natural supplements, have not been out of the country, or anything that might point to a cause of the jaundice and liver injury.
I've been getting multiple blood tests done to rule out any diseases or viruses, all came back negative. I've had an ultrasound, then a CT Scan, then a Liver biopsy, without any success finding an underlying condition causing the jaundice and bilirubin levels or enzyme ATS instability.
Today the 11th day I've had an MRI done to see if they can find the underlying cause of all this. Also, the last hepatitis test still waiting results on is the rarest which is Hepatitis E. All other hepatitis have been ruled out. The doctors treating me are puzzled and cannot find what is causing this.
I am to the point where if the levels keep increasing, I'm in danger of experiencing liver failure or a stroke.
Any advice that can shed some light into this situation will be greatly appreciated.
Waiting on the MRI and the Hepatitis E results, but if they can't find a diagnosis I don't know what else to do.
Thanks for writing in
Considering the fact that all reports are normal the First pathology to rule out is obstructive Jaundice
I would eagerly wait for your MRI - if Hepatitis E is normal we need to focus on obstructive Jaundice
Can you please upload your liver function test?
Awaiting your revert on the same
Wishing you a healthy life ahead
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for yellow jaundice
- Neonatal jaundice treatment graph
- Newborn baby jaundice treatment
- Treatment and cure for neonatal jaundice
- White jaundice symptoms and treatment
- Treatment and cure for hemolytic jaundice
- Treatment of jaundice
- Suggest treatment and diet for jaundice
- Jaundice pruritus treatment
- Treatment and cure for Obstructive jaundice
- Bruised temple, has caused numbness in that area. Serious?
- Experiencing testicular pain, no lumps, fluctuating, discomfort when...
- Is abdominal cramps a symptom of diarrhea?
- Blood on stool, back pain, testicular pain, lump on anus, abdominal...
- Weight loss, constipation with dark stools. Bad eating habits. Symptoms...
- Chills and fever, swelling on lymph nodes. Liver and spleen mildly...
- Pain in legs, collar bones, irregular bowel movement and unsatisfied...
- Child having fever and back pain after falling from bed, swollen spot on...
- Dealing with domestic violence, appendix erupted. Is it due to violence?
- Itchy anus, no pain. Neither zinc cream nor hemorrhoid cream worked. Any...