Suggest treatment for jaundice in a new born infant

Posted on Wed, 11 Feb 2015 in Child Health
Question: i have 4 day old baby girl. her eyes have started to look yellow. although the doctor said she is fine but ,it is sign of jaundiced?i am attaching her latest biochemistry report also. please advice.
Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Normal value.

Detailed Answer:
HI , thanks for writing to us.
The jaundice your baby has got is normal physiological jaundice, nothing to panic about.
Most of the babies of 3 days to 6 days of life will have it.
Treatment is given only if the bilirubin values crosses 15 and more.
Your baby is having only 9.7 which is very normal.
The yellow color of the eyes will gradually reduce within the next one week.
Expose the baby to morning sunlight between 8 am to 8.15 am, that will be enough.
Follow your doctor s advice.
Hope I have cleared your query, thank you, regards.
Dr. Kaushik K Murthy

Pediatrician