Suggest treatment for itchy white spots on leg
1 month back I had severe itchy spots on my leg right one. I itched it really hard till one time some bleeding happened. Black spots covered the itch areas and the i see the black spots have fallen and is now covered with white spots, of oval or circular shape. It looks some small circular spots are expanding also.
I use to wear socks and mistakenly I didn't wash socks for month which I was wearing. Do you think its vitiligo as white oval spots seems growing in diameter and becoming more shiny. It has not been long till the all black spots have fallen. I feel very tensed as I think its vitiligo beoz now white spots are very smooth and non scaly. Sun makes it worst.
post inflammatory hypopigmentation
Thanks for the query and photograph.
It is looking like post inflammatory hypopigmentation.
It happens due to scratching.
There is nothing to worry it is treatable condition.
It is not vitiligo.
I treat such cases with melbid lotion.
It gives excellent response and is easily available over the counter.
You can try this.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thanks for your reply. I have a doubt these white spots are there in the right leg and side of the right leg down portion only. Lets say the area from were my socks wearing begun . I have attached the new pics of the side right leg down portion also. One doctor general physician told it might be vitiligo , so only I was tensed.
One more thing I observed the smaller dots are a little expanding in diameter and becoming more white and all are oval in shapes. Is that due to hypo pigmentation only?
How long will it get to get my tan back as I read post inflammatory hypopigmentation are difficult to restore and make take months.
Thanks for fresh photographs.
Vitiligo lesions are totally depigmented but the patches on your skin still have some pigmentation hence I am not labeling them as vitiligo.
In addition you also gave history of itching which supports post inflammatory hypo pigmentation.
Socks have elastic which is a strong irritant and can also cause depigmentation.
Its better you use pure cotton socks without elastic.
Melbid is a decepeptide and helps in regaining color of any type of hypopigmented lesions.
You can try it and see the response.
Just keep a watch on the lesions and preserve these photographs so you can asses whether the lesions have decreased or not after a month.
Thanks for the reply ,
It was very encouraging. I visited a dermatologist XXXXXXX consultant today who saw these patches/spots. He then took me to a dark room and made me lie down and check the spots with some lamp i think wood's lamp. He then told your patches don't flourscent. What does that mean?
I will start using melbid.
He told that it did not show up any thing that looked like vitiligo. He told it's easy to see if the patch resembled vitiligo, but my patch did not resemble any form of vitiligo. It showed more hypopigemtation . So he told it's post inflammatory hypopigmentation and nowhere near to vitiligo.
But he told to use protopic as it might help in post inflammatory hypopigmentation also otherwise leave it as such and don't put medication as it will heal on its own as and when light sunrays fall.
Thanks for the follow up.
There is nothing to worry it's not vitiligo.
Apply melbid/melgain lotion (decapeptide) daily in night and expose the affected area to sunlight daily in morning.
Don't wear socks with elastic.
This should help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ayurvedic treatment for white spot
- Treatment and cure for white spots
- White spots on child legs
- White spots on legs on toddler
- White spot treatment for goldfish
- White spot on gums treatment
- Ayuevedic treatment for white spots
- Is there any treatment for white spots
- Itchy legs and white spots
- White spot treatment by ayurved
- Developed itchy rashes on both sides of torso and insulin dependent....
- Used Z derm for scrotum itching followed by blood stains. Noticed needle...
- Having itchy rashes on buttocks, side of arms, side of legs and inner...
- Having small patches and blister on finger. Using slivers skin moisture...
- What is the cure for body itching?
- Rash on the side of face with itching. Suggest treatment
- How to remove black marks and blade marks from face?
- Suggest the medication for twitching under eyes
- White and slightly raised lump under the skin on the palm. What does it...
- Suggest treatment for hair fall problem caused by dandruff?