Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for itchy, swollen rashes on hands

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 2658 Questions
I have a rash on both my hands that is very itchy and my hands are swollen do you know what the cause could be and what I can do to stop the itch?
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
inflammation due to allergic response

Detailed Answer:
hello and welcome,

your history suggests that you have had an allergic reaction to an allergen in your environment. As its localized to your hands it could be a new detergent , chemical.
it could also be a drug reaction or an insect bite. think over the possible cause.

The cause cant always be isolated. I would advise anti histamines like Benadryl to take now to reduce the swelling and itching. I would also like you to change your current clothes and clean yourself with lukewarm soap water to prevent any bug from causing more damage.

let me know if you have any query.
if not kindly close the conversation and rate the answer.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor