Suggest treatment for itchy, swollen rashes on hands

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a rash on both my hands that is very itchy and my hands are swollen do you know what the cause could be and what I can do to stop the itch?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
inflammation due to allergic response

Detailed Answer:
hello and welcome,

your history suggests that you have had an allergic reaction to an allergen in your environment. As its localized to your hands it could be a new detergent , chemical.
it could also be a drug reaction or an insect bite. think over the possible cause.

The cause cant always be isolated. I would advise anti histamines like Benadryl to take now to reduce the swelling and itching. I would also like you to change your current clothes and clean yourself with lukewarm soap water to prevent any bug from causing more damage.

let me know if you have any query.
if not kindly close the conversation and rate the answer.
thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T