question-icon

Suggest treatment for itchy skin rashes on legs during pregnancy

Posted on Sat, 16 May 2015
Question: i am 26year old female.i am having whitish skin rashes all over my legs.I found out it 1year back.sometimes it is itchy especially after bath.i am having dust allergy and asthma.now i am 30weeks pregnant also.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
It can be due to fungal infection or due to vitiligo.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Thanks for trusting us about your health care.

I can understand your concerns.

I have gone through your picture and in my opinion it can be due to fungal infection ( called tinea versicolor) or it can be due to vitiligo.

They are usually benign conditions and these white spots are occurs due to loss of melanocytes cells which can cause pigment in the skin.

It can also occur due to deficiency of vitamins and amino acid and in some autoimmune conditions.

You should consult a dermatologist and get yourself examined and rule out the above mentioned causes.

If it is due to tenia versicolor it can be treated with antifungal cream or if it is due to vitiligo phototherapy and other treatment required.

As you are pregnant, you should consult a specialist before starting any type of treatment.

Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more.

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN