Suggest treatment for itchy scrotum

Question
i have itchy scrotum for almost 6 months now. The appearance is very dry and scaly. I tried canestene, nizoral and eurax but the condition still persist. I don't feel itchy during the day but once i go to bed and during sleep I cannot control the urge to scratch. Is there any over the counter drugs or ointment i could try to relieve my suffering?
Can I change my email address kindly send your reply to YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
jock itch / scabies/ angiokeratoma need management

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Your doctor is suspecting scabies that is why he prescribed you with crotamiton a scabicidal agent. Now. Itch at night favours that chronic it for 6 months is not scabies style but possible. Also wrist area and groin and legs and chest Ard also involved.
Other possibilities are jock itch or angiokeratoma etc.i suspect jock itch.a bug tinea Cruris also called ringworm. Shave the groin use some hypoallergenic hygiene gels for the cleanliness wear clean dressings and lose weight.
Add some low strength 0.5 % hydrocortisone and modify the hygiene. Get some doxepin it works like charm for such complaints.
Prophylactic XXXXXXX follow anti scabicidal regimen with permethrin all over body below neck then bath after 8 hours change clothes and all bedding to be exposed to sun or any disinfectant. Then repeat the procedure again after 24 hours and then after a week.
Do as directed and wait for 72 hours for the relief.if the symptoms persisted then seek a dermatologist and let them correlate it further from there.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX