Suggest treatment for itchy scrotum
Can I change my email address kindly send your reply to YYYY@YYYY
jock itch / scabies/ angiokeratoma need management
Thank you for asking
Your doctor is suspecting scabies that is why he prescribed you with crotamiton a scabicidal agent. Now. Itch at night favours that chronic it for 6 months is not scabies style but possible. Also wrist area and groin and legs and chest Ard also involved.
Other possibilities are jock itch or angiokeratoma etc.i suspect jock itch.a bug tinea Cruris also called ringworm. Shave the groin use some hypoallergenic hygiene gels for the cleanliness wear clean dressings and lose weight.
Add some low strength 0.5 % hydrocortisone and modify the hygiene. Get some doxepin it works like charm for such complaints.
Prophylactic XXXXXXX follow anti scabicidal regimen with permethrin all over body below neck then bath after 8 hours change clothes and all bedding to be exposed to sun or any disinfectant. Then repeat the procedure again after 24 hours and then after a week.
Do as directed and wait for 72 hours for the relief.if the symptoms persisted then seek a dermatologist and let them correlate it further from there.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Itching and redness near scrotum suggest the treatment
- Treatment of pimple on scrotum
- Treatment for loose scrotum
- Suggest treatment for itchy blisters on hands and scrotum
- Spider byte red itchy spot on scrotum treatment
- Suggest treatment for burning and itching scrotum
- Treatment for saggy scrotum
- Treatment for a cut to the scrotum
- What is the treatment for itchy feeling on scrotum
- What is the treatment of itchy scrotum
- What causes nausea and abdomninal pain with bloody stool and abdominal...
- Can I take lemsip for cold and headache?
- Can Epstein Barr virus cause severe abdominal pain and what is the cause...
- Is there any way to reverse autoimmune disorder causing rashes and boils...
- What could be the cause for stinging pain in back, bottom of stomach and...
- Why do I get hand tremors all the time?
- What is the treatment for nausea and pain while swollowing due to mild...
- Is it normal to see red veins at the back of my mouth?
- Suggest medicines that dont cause drowziness for pain due to Neualgia of...
- What is the cure for reduced hearing capability in left ear and painful...