Suggest treatment for itchy red spots on feet and back

Dr. Yogesh D

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: there are red spots appearing on my feet and there are some also visible on my back. they are itchy. I am 41.. what could be these ? shall I take cetzine or alerid ?
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can try cetrizine, but should consult a doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX

Thanks for the question.

I will be able to answer your query better if you could please provide some more details about the red dots you are referring to.

1. Since how long have you had this issue?
2. Is there any itching?
3. Do you remember how these started?
4. Is there a white pus point on these red dots?
5. Do you have any swelling/redness around these dots?
6. Did you have fever?
7. Do you consume alcohol, if yes, how much and how frequently?
8. Do you have high blood pressure or diabetes?
9. Do you have any other symptom?
10. How is the weather condition in your locality?
Please also take pictures of these red dots and upload them along with answers to the above questions so that I can guide you better.

Meanwhile apply a soothing aloe cream/an antibiotic cream such as mupirocin on the affected part.

Awaiting your response.

Kind regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D