Suggest treatment for itchy red rashes after application of Retin-A creme

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: i may have an allergic reaction to botox which has affected the area above my eyelid even though it was not injected there nor above that brow?? Its affecting my vision. It's been 7 days but what can i do beside cold compresses, over the counter cortisone and an antihistamine, taken last night to reduce it? It's worse today than yesterday. Is this something that will take months to wear off? The only other thing is a new creme with Retina A in it that I used 2 days ago. Im praying that is the issue. If that is, how long before it subsides?
RAH ON SIDE OF FACE WHICH MAKES ME THINK ITS THE RETINA A CREME USED 2 NIGHTS AGO. ITCHES AND RED....
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Allergy

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This looks like allergy. Continue with antihistamines and steroid creams and do not put in any new allergan like new soap or cream which can cause further reaction.
It does not seem to have been caused by botix.
Any further query in this regard please do get back to me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T