Suggest treatment for itchy red eyes due to allergic reaction

Rheumatologist
Question
I ate dinner, buttery garlic rostire chicken and french fries. about 20 min later i felt an allergic reaction coming so I took 50 mg of benadryl and zyrtec. but my eyes are itchy and red and my right eye has a pocket of clear fluid over around my eye ball. should i been seen for further treatment or will the benadryl and zyrtec be good enough?
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that in my opinion you should seek medical help because allergic reaction generally subside completely after taking medicine , since you say that your eyes are still itchy and you have a clear pocket of fluid over your eyeball its a matter of concern and need to be seen by medical specialist to decide whether higher doses are required or the duration of treatment needs to be prolonged .

Dr. Shruti