Suggest treatment for itchy red bumps on the anus

Posted on Tue, 22 Sep 2015 in Lump
Question: I have itchy red bumps on my anus and would like to know if it is anal warts or anal herpes. I have not had any anal sex in the past. The only symptoms that i have are the heavy itching redness around my anal area and minor burning. I have attached 2 photos
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
These are not warts or herpes.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query and clear pictures.

Read your history and understood your concerns.
The picture clearly shows these to be furunculosis as most of the spots are showing the hair in the center.

I would advise you the following:
Proper cleaning of the area with soap and water and then cleaning off with copious water. Make it dry with a cotton cloth or a hair dryer.
Apply liquid povidone iodine and let is dry.
Oral antibiotics will hasten the process of haling and you will be cured of the problem.
This area being enclosed most of the times and gives sweat which accumulates and causes bacterial overgrowth, itching and so on.

These are not anal warts or herpes at all. So please relax and get treated properly to get the cure.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 10 hours later
Thank you so much, in the mean time as it heals, what can i do to stop and or minimize the itching
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cetirizine once a day may help

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for appreciation.
The treatment will reduce itching automatically,
You may please take any antihistamine which suits you.
Cetirizine 10 mg once a day may helps.

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon