Suggest treatment for itchy rashes on the skin

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: This rash developed yesterday and itches slightly. There was no contact with poison ivy or a bug.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
This is urticaria. Tylenol and Benadryl recommended.

Detailed Answer:
HI and thanks you so much for this query.

I have reviewed this information and the attached images (2). This is pretty suggestive of urticaria/allergic reaction. Am not exactly sure why there is no clear notion of contact with an allergen but I believe this might not have been apparent to you. However, irrespective of the cause, treatment approach is the same.

1. Cleanse with an antiseptic lotion.
2. Tylenol for pains.
3. Benadryl for itches and arrest of further inflammatory response.
4. Avoid picking on it as it may lead to infection and delayed healing.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me for more information and clarifications if need be.

Kind regards and wish you a speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee