Suggest treatment for itchy rashes on skin

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
I have these spots on my skin that will not go away. I have tried different lotions and stuff prescribed and it seems to never go away. I have these spots on different locations on my body. I will include pictures of these different spots. Went to different Dr's and they say its rash or acne. So please help figure out what this is and the best way to get rid of it with prescription or over the counter. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Tinea

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic

I am Dr kakkar. I have gone through your query. I have looked at the pictures.

After going through them I would keep a possibility of Fungal Infection/Tinea.

You have been applying triamcinolone acetonide, which is a topical steroid and would certainly be helping you with the itching partially, but not totally.

If I was the treating doctor I would have suggested a topical antifungal e.g clotrimazole 1% cream or Sertaconazole 1% cream, twice daily for 4 weeks.

An Oral antifungal e.g Tab, Fluconazole 150 mg once every week for 4-6 weeks is also advisable.

An Oral antihistamine e.g cetrizine 10 mg once or twice daily would provide symptomatic relief from itching.