Suggest treatment for itchy rashes on armpit

Dr. Sassen S Kwasa

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: I really need to know if this is scabies or not. I've been itchy for a while, but this is the first sign of an actual rash.
Answered by Dr. Sassen S Kwasa 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be scabies but also very likely could also be bed bugs...

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM. Do you have similar rash or bites in your finger webs/between your fingers? How about your belt line on your waist? If this indeed is around your belt line, or waits, the chances that it is scabies is high, the other thing is that this might be in fact bed bugs, as they like dark areas. Does any one else close to you have similar rash, or itching? I hope this helps. Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Sassen S Kwasa 43 minutes later
Nothing in between my fingers or belt line. But I have this in my armpits.
Answered by Dr. Sassen S Kwasa 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be scabies. The only way to really tell for sure is biopsy.

Detailed Answer:
A dermatologist would biopsy the area and if there are mites they can be viewed under the microscope. Otherwise give it time and hope that it resolves is another option especially if it is contact dermatitis from like deodorant especially if you have changed or started a new deodorant.
Follow up: Dr. Sassen S Kwasa 27 hours later
I found this line today between my fingers. the redness is just from me trying to look at it under a telescope. So scabies?
Answered by Dr. Sassen S Kwasa 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, scabies would be your diagnosis, ...

Detailed Answer:

I would advice you to visit a pharmacy and ask what they have over the counter. Remember that beddings and clothing need to be washed with hot water. Medications such as sulfur topical I believe are available over the counter, otherwise others are prescription and include ivermectin, and permethrin. Good luck