Suggest treatment for itchy, painful and swollen legs
Thanks for contacting HCM
I am sorry to hear that you have been having severe itching after arriving to your hotel room. It is unlikely that bed bugs are the cause of your itching. Bed bugs are inactive during the day and only come out at night. They leave bites on the legs because that is where they hide. After having bites some people can develop severe itching and allergic reactions.
The bed bugs usually live in bed sheets and in cracks and crevices of the bed. They are visible and if there is a large number of the insects there can be a sweet smell associated with the scent glands.
From your description it sounds like you are having an allergic to something. The welts are an indication of hives and allergic reaction. Whether the reaction is from insect bites or from another allergic source the treatment is the same. For the itch I recommend using an anti-histamine like diphenhydramine or certirizine. You could also soak in a bathtub with Aveno.
Hope this answers your question. Please contact us again if you have questions or need help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fell on hand swollen painful suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for swollen and painful bruise
- Suggest treatment for painful swollen fingers
- Suggest the treatment for swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for painful swollen foot
- Swollen lump on leg itchy painful spider bite treatment
- Suggest medical treatment for swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for leg pain
- Suggest treatment for swollen legs and feet
- Suggest treatment for painful swollen testicle
- Suggest treatment for bone cancer
- What causes dry mouth and white patch on tongue?
- What causes burning sensation and pain in elbow joint and hip joint?
- Suggest treatment for skin rashes
- What are side effects of Metanx?
- What does a brown spot on arm indicate?
- What causes hair growth on heel?
- Suggest treatment for itchy, painful and swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for hemiplegic migraines
- What causes itching and pain in feet at night while sleeping?