• question-icon

Suggest treatment for itchy hives on the body

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hello, i was sitting in my living room and started feeling itchy. all of the sudden my body is covered in hives. i do not have any known allergies.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be urticaria, take antihistaminic like Cetrizine

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
According to your complaints you seem to have developed urticaria which is an allergic reaction.
It can occur due to multiple causes like food allergies, drugs, infections, thyroid diseases and in many persons occur without any cause.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine 10 mg twice daily for 5-7 days.
This should subside it.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist