question-icon

Suggest Treatment For Itchy Hives After A Stem Cell Transplant

Posted on Wed, 18 Oct 2017
Question: I had stem cell transplant 2002 after abvd in 2001 for hodgkins. I've been in remission ever since. I've been breaking out in hives since aug. not severe and sometimes they don't even itch. Could this be a sign of a reoccurrence. I have no other symptoms
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
This doesn't look like recurrence

Detailed Answer:
Hi

First of all, it is very unlikely for Hodgkin's to recur after so many years. And then, the symptoms are also not suggestive.

So most likely, these ure unrelated. You should consult a dermatologist and proceed accordingly. I am sure, there will be some way to control it.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist