Suggest treatment for itchy foot and yeast infection on the foot

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Wed, 21 Sep 2016 in Blood Disorders
Question: I went for my yearly last week. While I was there I told her about the bottom of my foot itching since April. I tried all kinds of over the counter meds. None seemed to work. I was diagnosed with a yeast infection on my foot.
I had my yearly blood work and was called the next day with a wbc of 22. I am to go back in three weeks to redo blood. My question is, would the yeast on my foot cause me to have a wbc of 22?
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection can leads to high WBC count.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.

You have itching in sole and it is due fungal infection. Fungal infection can leads to high WBC count. Or you may have fungal infection with secondary bacterial infection. You should take a course of antibiotics according to advice and repeat the WBC count after antibiotics. Mostly it will come down to normal. Don't worry. Just be relaxed.

Hope I have answered your question. if you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.