Suggest treatment for itchy eyes and scalp
This is suggest of dandruff!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this itchy eyes and scalp. This is suggestive of a superficial fungal infection caused by malassezia fur fur. This causes infections in oily parts of the body of which the face and scalp are major areas. This is made worse if you apply oil to the scalp as this is the main medium in which they multiply.
If you are using the anti-dandruff shampoo, then that’s fine. It would take care of the job, Unfortunately, this never gets treated fully in a short time and requires prolonged usage. Keeping the hair low and brushing rigorously during baths would help but I don’t know if this would be feasible for a lady to do.
In all, caused by a fungal infection. This fungi loves oil and I would recommend you try to minimize how much hair oil you use. Shampooing daily and for long periods is needed for best control.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for erythematous itchy rash on scalp
- Suggest treatment for inflamed pink scalp
- Twitching in eyes suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst on the scalp
- Treatment for itchy scalp
- Suggest treatment for dry eyes
- Treatment for dry itchy scalp
- Suggest treatment for chronic scalp folliculitis
- Suggest treatment for burning in eyes
- Itchy scalp causes and treatment