Suggest treatment for itchy bumps on the back

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have bumps on my upper ares and an area in my back while they are not very visible they are easily felt. They itch all day however at night they become severe to the point that I scratch until they bleed and I an not able to sleep. I have been to a dermatolgest with no success
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please upload an image.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I would request you to upload an image of the affected area(s). The possibilities to consider are:
* Allergic reaction: Your dermatologist has already considered that and has prescribed antiallergics.
* Scabies: causes by certain mites. Application of permethrin should help.
* Fungal infection: Most likely possibility. Application of clotrimazole should provide relief.
* Immune mediated: Test for IgE levels, they would be raised if that is the case.
* Autoimmune causes

I would await your response.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 7 hours later
I have cancelled this account and do not want nor need your information. IN addition everything you have guessed at in your response has been questioned already so you would have been no help!!!
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ok

Detailed Answer:
Pardon me for not knowing that you wanted innovative diagnoses. There is a saying among doctors 'if you make a rare diagnosis, you would be rarely correct'. Anyway, best wishes for a diagnosis.