question-icon

Suggest treatment for itchy bump on skin

Posted on Tue, 21 Oct 2014
Question: I developed bumps on my skin that itch following a trip to upstate NY. I live in the Bay Area of California. I thought they were bug bites, but I've been home for over a month now, and some are still there. Others have developed, some in short lines of 3-4 bumps. Mostly on leg, hip, buttocks, neck, chest. Not a lot of them, probably 10-15 over my body. The same ones have been there for two weeks at least. I am female, 63 years old, XXXXXXX executive with a lot of travel, hotels, stress. Checked for bed bugs to no success. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Bumps on skin.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for asking Health care magic forum
Your problem is most likely scabies.Usually it is confirmed by examining burrows on skin and take scrapings and microscopy.

Lotions and creams are available for local application for this.It should be left on for around 8 hours.I usually advice permethrin cream or lotion.It should be applied twice with a week or so between it.I also advice ivermectin for oral intake also.
Hope this may help you.Let me know if anything unclear.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Nishad BN