Suggest treatment for itchy brown patches on hips and lower back

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Dear Sir / Ma'am , I have some skin problem from few couple of years and i am visited so many dermatologist for the same issue but not yet improved , the infected area is my back side and lower part of body i mean on my hips .kindly please help me out ..
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please answer and post the photos

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM....

You said you you have skin lesions on back and lower parts of the body from few years. And you consulted many dermatologists ,but did not get satisfactory result.

I would like to help you in clearing your skin disease,but for that I would like to have answers of few questions....

- please describe the lesions..papular,patchy,tough,black,brown,skin colored,oozing, scaly,crusted...etc
- exact parts involved?
- complaints..like pain,burning,itching..
- any other complaints
- past history of similar or other skin disease or systemic diseases
- history of BP,DM or other diseases
- history of medicines you take
- family history of similar or other diseases

Please answer above queries and kindly upload the photos of affected parts using the facility you have on right side of query and answer table.

Awaiting your reply..

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 10 hours later
Sir , i have used some medicine provided by doctor ,,
it is affected on my hips sides ..it's on brown colour , feeling itching all t
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please answer and upload photo

Detailed Answer:
Hello..

You have not answered all my questions. I will need those information to understand your problem better. Further I will need photos to review it. Please provide those information to help you better.

Thanks

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 1 hour later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Brief Answer:
Prurigo simplex most probably

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back..

Thanks for uploading the photos...

After viewing the photos I could come to conclude that most probably you may be having a chronic skin disease called prurigo simplex. Prurigo simplex presents as symmetrically distributed, small, intensely itchy, dome-shaped bumps. Sometimes there may be tiny blisters. They are most numerous on the outer aspects of the limbs and buttocks, but may occur anywhere on the body.

There may be some cause like allergens, irritants, insects, dry skin, parasites, pregnancy, psychological upsets, drugs..etc

You consult expert dermatologist and have perfect treatment under his guidance..

There are many drugs you may be given by him...like antihistaminics, oral steroids in tappering dose, antibiotics, dapsone, intralesional steroid injection, phototherapy ..
Avoidance of suspected allergen or irritant is needed. If there is psychological factor, antipsychotic drug may be taken.

I hope this would help you in managing your skin disease. Still any query.. Feel free to ask.

Thanks..

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist