Suggest treatment for itchy and swollen vagina along with burning sensation
You are probably feeling your own cervix or have vaginal swelling
Hello, and I hope I can help you today.
I do not know how familiar with your body, but the bulge you are likely feeling when you put your finger in your vagina is your cervix. Your cervix is the opening to your womb, and it sticks out from the top of your vagina. It is usually about 3-4 cm wide and feels rubbery, like the end of your nose. It is not possible for me to be sure without doing a vaginal examination but I have had many patients who have confused their cervix for a bulge or blockage inside.
When you are aroused, your vagina lengthens and your cervix moves up and out of the way so it doesn't interfere with intercourse. If it feels like tampons or the applicators from cream get stuck on it, just lay on your back and in that position the vagina lengthens.
The other possibilty is that your labia and vaginal entrance are so swollen from the yeast infection that they look like bulges. In that case, the sooner you treat the yeast infection, the swelling will go down. Vulvodynia is pain on the vulva without any other bulges or physical signs, so I don't think you need to worry about that.
There is an oral tablet to treat yeast infections called Fluconazole- in some countries it is available without a prescription and is an alternative you could use in the meantime if you're bleeding too much to use the cream, or if your vaginal
opening is too sore to apply cream internally.
You should the cream both inside and outside as soon as your bleeding gets to be light. You will just need to use a pad or liner when you use the cream instead of a tampon which can absorb the medication. If you can get the Fluconazole tablet, use the cream on the outside only.
So in summary, the bulge you feel and/or see is either a normal finding or it should go away after you treat your yeast infection. In the meantime, wash the area with mild soap only, and try to change pads frequently to not trap heat and moisture near your skin.
I hope I adequate answered your questions today and that my advice was helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions or need any clarification.
Best wishes, Dr. Brown
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot
- Itchy groin swollen vagina skin peeling no discharge treatment
- Suggest treatment for itching in vagina and anus
- Suggest the treatment for swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for pain in vagina and bladder
- Extremely itchy vagina treatment
- 35 weeks swollen vagina treatment
- Swollen vagina lips pregnant 39 weeks treatment
- Itchy swollen vagina thick vaginal discharge need treatment
- Used vibrator for orgasm vagina is swollen suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for irregular menstrual cycles post acupuncture
- What causes extreme weakness, fatigue and numbness during periods?
- Is pregnancy possible through oral sex?
- Can Femara be taken while treating infertility?
- What causes bleeding in cervix after taking Macrobid?
- How to calculate the length of menstrual cycle?
- Is there any relation between blood type and the ability to conceive?
- How safe and successful is VBAC?
- What causes burning sensation and itchiness in the vagina?
- What causes constant vaginal discharge in adult women?