Owl Image

Suggest treatment for itching, swelling and pain in the eye after rubbing it

Excellent

Ophthalmologist
Question
Hi Doctor,
My releative Shwetha rubbed her eye because it was itching her. Due to the rubbing, the eye got red and the white of the eye got a little swollen. The swelling seems to have reduced now and the pain has reduced. Is there any medication or drops that she can take to get complete relief?

Fri, 25 May 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anti allergic eye drop

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This is angioneurotic oedema and is caused by allergy.In such acute condetions steroid eye drops like pred forte or cioplox D eye drops 4 times a day for 2 to 3 days are useful ,when the acute condetion is controlled fully to be followed by non steroid anti allergic drops like oloptidine eye drops ,available as olopat eye drop or olo eye drop twice a day.
In the beginning when irritation is disturbing oral anti allergic tablet like levocetrazine at bed time are helpful.This should basically control the condetion fully.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.