Suggest treatment for itching sensation of legs due to sunburn

Dermatologist
Question
a while back i got sunburn on my legs.....as months passed i scratched and scratched and now it looks like a big patch of psoriasis....is the possible that it turned into psoriasis?IT ITCHES REALLY BAD
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Eczematous skin condition

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
I have seen the attached picture
I do understand that something like psoriasis, being a chronic skin disease is very bothersome for the patient, but in your case, I do not see any reason to worry about. You seem to have develope d a patch of neurodermatis of the skin.
Now shin of leg is a very common site for development of this skin problem.
It is a very severely itchy skin condition but at the same time, it is harmless and usually does not spread to other body areas.
You need to be treated with topical steroid cream. You can apply cortisone cream over the affected areas twice a day . In addition, it is very important that you keep the affected area hydrated and moisturized. So apply plenty of moisturizer two to three times a day over it.
You need to avoid touching or scratching the area since in this type of skin eczema, it tends to increase with itching or rubbing the affected area.

I do expect the skin lesions to heal completely with treatment although in some cases, oral steroids have to be given which you can discuss with your local doctor .

Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for itching sensation of legs due to sunburn 6 minutes later
What creams do u recommend to apply to the areas?

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take treatment, should get better soon

Detailed Answer:
You can apply cortisone skin cream over the area twice a day.
In addition, apply any good moisturizer or oil like coconut or almond oil over the area two to three times daily.

Dr Geetika Paul