Suggest treatment for itching sensation in groin area along with thick mucus in nasal passages

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I believe I have male candida.....My crotch permeates sticky substance and dormant itchy spot
big toes are darkened with fungus and my nasal harbors infection as it exudes mucus very thickly
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs management and care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Age of 80 is an immune compromise age where mere cold may take longer than usual to heal.

As far as nasal congestion and mucus is concerned all you need is symptomatic treatment for that. Decongestants and home remedies will do the trick.

Crotch stickiness and itching spots are once again likely fungal infection and candida can not be ruled out. A good hygiene, hair free groin, loose airy undergarments preferably cotton, use of hypoallergenic hygiene gels and some topical antifungal creams available over the counter in market shall do the job.

The fungal infection of the toes how ever needs an examination to rule out any vascular insufficiency or gangrene as blackening of the toe is a broad term and may mean many things. Get he toe examined and keep a good podiatric hygiene. Seeka podiatrist for further foot management. Trim your nails wisely and avoid edges trimming. Keep the feet in warm saline water every day for at least 15 minutes twice and after that apply some petroleum jelly or any other moisturizers to prevent cracks and subsequent infection.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan